Brexit Update – TSP and Importing to the UK from the EU
As the UK continues to battle between deals and a potential for no-deal Brexit, the UK have now surpassed yet another Brexit deadline day on 31st October 2019.
How to Prepare for a No-deal Brexit?
UK businesses will need to follow the same procedures to importing and exporting from/to the EU as with the rest of the world. To make this process easier you can use transitional simplified procedures.
What is TSP?
TSP has been introduced by HMRC to help make the importation of goods to the UK from the EU an easier process post no-deal Brexit. TSP gives traders more time to deliver customers forms and apply for relevant duties.
Who should register for TSP?
You can register for TSP if you:
- have an (EORI) number that starts with GB
- import goods from the EU into the UK
- are an established trader in the UK (CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO)
Who should NOT register for TSP?
- If the only goods you import are coming into the UK directly from the rest of the world (outside the EU)
- If you have a coherent history of presenting late tax returns, not paying duties/ taxes, or your business is in debt
If TSP sounds like something that will be beneficial to your business post no-deal Brexit Register Here
Want Sandford to conduct clearances under TSP for your business?
If you would like Sandford Freight to handle your clearances under TSP, we will require the below information from you:
- Your TSP Registration Number
- Your EORI Number
- Any commodity codes for your shipments
For more news on Brexit – Keep Updated Here